KGA Golf Course – Bangalore
About KGA Golf Course – Bangalore
Location:Bangalore , Karnataka
KGA Golf Course, the key to conquering the par-72, 6,786 yards Karnataka Golf Association ( KGA ) Golf Course is to possess a hot putter . The course has been re-designed by the legendary Peter Thomson, also the man behind the New Course at St. Andrews. It is one of the few in India where you can watch the proceedings on the 1st and the 10th tee, as well as the 9th and 18th greens, from the magnificent clubhouse – an aspect considered to be classic in golf course designing.
The undulating mounds in the middle of the fairways end in some of the country’s largest greens. While reaching the greens here may be easier than other courses, the greens have double borrows in most of the cases, and a player has to nail the pin with his approach shot for good scores. The 5th hole, which has a lateral water hazard running along the right of the fairway and a huge water drain beyond the green, is one of the tougher holes of this course.
KGA has also been the host of some of the finest golf events in the country such as Indian Open. KGA has also produced finest golfers for the country.
For any questions, feedback or more details on tee off time at The Karnataka Golf Association Golf Course please contact us.
KGA Golf Course – Bangalore Highlights
- Year of Foundation: 1989
- No. of Holes: 18
- Distance Gentlemen: Black : 7248 / White : 6786 Yards
- Par: 72
- Facilities: Swimming, Restaurant, Bar, Gym
- Playing Conditions: Members can bring guests. Certain facilities are restricted for walk-in members; Members of affiliated clubs are welcome. • Designer: Peter Thomson of Thomson Wolveridge, Australia
- Tourist Places to Visit after Golf: Vidhan Soudha, Tipu’s Palace, Government Museum, Bangalore Palace, Lalbagh Botanical Garden, Indira Gandhi Musical Foundation, Cubbon Park, Bull Temple, Doda Ganesh temple), Hampi;
- Activities to do after Golf: Cultural Tour, Sightseeing, Spa, Shopping; Wine Tasting; Exchange Program; Meetings