The Classic Golf Course – Gurgaon
About The Classic Golf Course – Gurgaon
Location:Gurgaon - Haryana
The Classic Golf Course is first signature designer course in India by the great Jack Nicklaus ‘Golden Bear’. The resort has been built on a 3000-acre expanse, at the foothills of the picturesque Aravalli hills. The golf course is located on the outskirts of Delhi, off the Delhi-Jaipur highway and is about 50 minutes drive from Delhi. This fusion of international experience with Indian expertise, indigenous adaptation of globally accepted materials and processes as well as the constant adherence to quality standards makes Classic Golf Course a world-class championship venue.
The Classic Golf Course is a magnificent facility with two courses – an 18-hole Championship Course, and a 9-hole Canyon Course. The championship course at the Classic plays to 7114 yards from the back tees. The par threes are particularly taxing with the eleventh hole a 224-yard monster with a bunker in front and out of bounds on the left. The course puts up all resistance right down to the 18th hole. The longest hole is the par-5 18th hole that is 580 yards long. The shortest is the par-3 fifth at 170 yards.
The fifth makes up for its lack of length by possessing a shallow, undulating and a deceptive green that can baffle any golfer. The amphitheatre-like green adds to the atmosphere. The par-5 14th is also an interesting hole with as many as eight bunkers coming in play. Overall Classic Golf Course is a true championship design course and is also a golfers delight.
CGR is also hosted many Asian and Indian Professional Golf Tournaments such as Indian Open, Hindustan Times Championship, Economic Times and many more to name.
The Classic Golf Course – Gurgaon Highlights
- Year of Foundation: 1995
- No. of Holes: 27 holes of 3 nines each, (The Ridge, The Valley and The Canyon)
- Distance Gentlemen: Black : 7114 / Blue : 6516 Yards
- Par: 72
- Facilities: Accomodation, Restaurant, Bar, Swimming, Gym, Tennis, Squash, Indoor Games
- Playing Conditions: A members golf course or guest accompanying members.
- Designer: Jack Nicklaus
- Tourist Places to Visit after Golf: Akshardham Temple, Birla temple, Gurudwara Bangala Sahib, Humayoun;s Tomb, India Gate, Jama Masjid, Jantar Mantar, Lotus temple, Mehrauli Archaeological Park, Purana Qila, Qutub Minar, Red Fort , Rastrapati Bhawan, Rajpath, Raj Ghat, Gurudwara Sisganj, Connaught Place, Chandni Chowk, Dilli Haat, Janpath. State Emporia
- Activities to do after Golf: Shopping; Events; Conferences; Exchange Program; Movie; Sightseeing; Exhibitions; Wine Tasting; Cultural Tour; Tour to Agra; Business Meetings