Kalhar Blues & Greens Golf Course, Ahmedabad
About Kalhar Blues & Greens Golf Course, Ahmedabad
Location:Ahmedabad, Gujraat - 30 mins drive from City Centre
Kalhaar Blues & Greens, only the second Nicklaus Design golf course to open in India and the first in almost 14 years, opened February 26 in Ahmedabad. Developed by the Navratna Group, the 18- hole championship golf course complies with United States Golf Association (USGA) specifications and has been meticulously constructed to become one of the most exclusive and prestigious golf courses in the country. The course is spread over 175 acres and has a length of 7,317 yards, making it one of the longest golf courses in India.
The distinctive course offers unique challenges and aesthetics, such as sand and beach bunkers, and 14 bodies of water that cover over 35 acres. In addition, the course features a scenic “island green” on Hole No. 7, 175 yards, par 3 which players are already labeling the signature hole of the layout. The longest hole in this championship course is hole 14, which plays 619 yards from the black tee, but the toughest hole is Hole no. 06, par 5, 525 yards, whose green is surrounded by water. An impressive clubhouse, hotel and a spa form the centerpiece amenities of Kalhaar Blues & Greens to complement the golf course. It is the first in Gujarat to have a complete cart/buggy course.
Kalhar Blues & Greens Golf Course, Ahmedabad Highlights
- Year of Foundation: 2012
- No. of Holes: 18
- Distance Gentlemen: Black Tees : 7425 / Blue Tees :6770 Yards
- Par: 72
- Facilities: Club House; Restaurant; Swimming Pool; Pro Shop
- Playing Conditions: Championship Golf Course
- Designer: Nicklaus Design golf course
- Tourist Places to Visit after Golf: Gandhi Ashram, Sidi Sayyad Mosque, Kankaria Lake, Jhulta Minarets, Akshardham Temples, Hoothisingh jain temples, Tomb of Ahmad Shah
- Activities to do after Golf: Sightseeing; Visit Bhavnagar; Kachch; Porbandar; Palitana; Rajkot; Surat; Somnath, Vadodara