Jaypee Greens Golf Club – Noida
About Jaypee Greens Golf Club – Noida
Location:Noida, Uttar Pradesh
The Greg Norman designed Jaypee Greens Golf Club is a lengthy 18- hole course situated in Greater Noida. At 7,343 yards from the championship tee, it is definitely the longest course in the country and one of the longest in Asia. Nine huge lakes and five small ponds come into play on almost every hole, and the uniquely shaped bunkers are strewn over the course. There are 88 bunkers in all. However , the layout goes with Norman’s philosophy of course design that challenges the very best of the pros, and yet is enjoyable for the members, who can play from a choice of tees.
With intent on making the resort a lifestyle statement the group has incorporated all the necessary facilities. “Spread over 450 acres, the Jaypee Greens Golf Resort is a statement of a lifestyle. It promises to be one of its kind in North India with an integrated sport complex, five-star deluxe hotel, food courts, restaurants, commercial complexes and private villas, to be completed by the next phase”.
The fairways here are some of the best in the country, but the greens are a bit on the slower side. Since the course just started in the year 2001, they would take some time to settle down. Two par-3s (the 231-yards third and the 216 yard fifth) are especially tough and one might have to resort to ones woods to reach them in regulation. The par fives are long too. Water skirts the fairways all along the second shot on a couple of them. The signature hole on the golf course Hole 05, Par 3, 170 Yards, all the golfers have to be very accurate while hitting shot as if they leave it short you land in big water hazard and little extra is a crazy bunker waiting for you. Overall Jaypee Greens Golf Course is a fun loving course, with warm and personalize service by the staff.
Jaypee Greens has also hosted many Asian and Indian Professional events to name few are : Avantha Masters; BILT Open, Louis Phillip.
Jaypee Greens Golf Club – Noida Highlights
- Year of Foundation: 2001
- No. of Holes: 18
- Distance Gentlemen: Black : 7347 / Gold : 6964 Yards
- Par: 72
- Facilities: Resort, Spa, Four Restaurant, Bar, Swimming, Gym, Indoor Games, Outdoor Games
- Playing Conditions: A member's course but members can bring guests. Monday is an off-day, Designer: Greg Norman
- Tourist Places to Visit after Golf: Akshardham Temple, Birla temple, Gurudwara Bangala Sahib, Humayoun's Tomb, India Gate, Jama Masjid, Jantar Mantar, Lotus temple, Mehrauli Archaeological Park, Purana Qila, Qutub Minar, Red Fort , Rastrapati Bhawan, Rajpath, Raj Ghat, Gurudwara Sisganj, Connaught Place, Chandni Chowk, Dilli Haat, Janpath. State Emporia
- Activities to do after Golf: Spa; Shopping; Events; Conferences; Exchange Program; Movie; Sightseeing; Exhibitions; Wine Tasting; Cultural Tour; Tour to Agra